Green Shoes Arts couldn't be more excited to announce their Speak Up project, a brand new initiative for young black men in Barking and Dagenham.
These will be weekly workshops with industry professionals in varied art forms, exploring issues around mental health.
Find out more on our website - https://www.greenshoesarts.com/speak-up/
The first workshop is kicking off next week from the 9th of February, please share with anyone you think would benefit from this great project.
Who is it for?
The SPEAK UP sessions are for young Black males aged 14-21 and up to 25 years old for young men with SEND, who self-identify as having poor mental health, mental illness or at risk of mental health issues.
What will it be?
Working with professional artists who have experienced mental health in their lives, you will take part in weekly online sessions. We will use music, dance, drama and spoken word to explore what mental health means to you.
The Aim of the programme is to…
To give young Black men tools of dealing with their mental health creatively, before making the very first, VR environment for Black males in Barking & Dagenham.
The SPEAK UP Programme is FREE to participants, where the group will steer the design process and music composition of the VR world. Each person taking part has the chance to be awarded a £50 voucher/gift card.
Who: Young Black Males, aged 14-21 (up to 25 y/o for Young Men with SEND)
How Much: FREE (and chance to be awarded £50)
Can we support you with anything?
- Technical Equipment, Microphone, Earphones Webcam or Devices such as tablets or phones?
- Internet Data (Pre-Paid SIM Cards)
- Counselling for participants
What Green Shoes Arts will provide:
- Weekly workshops, max 1hr. 30 mins from w/c February 9th 2021
- Oculus VR Sets for participating bodies
- Engagement with professional artists (Musicians & Spoken Word, Theatre, Dance, VR Design)
- £50 Voucher/Gift Card for each participant that takes part in at least 6 sessions.